Thank you The Blog Workshop for sponsoring my attendance!
Attending a blog conference has been a dream of mine for a while, but it can be very expensive, from getting to the location such as Chicago, Houston, etc, the hotel stay while you are there plus conference fees, food and more it can really add up. So I was beyond excited to learn about The Blog Workshop and their amazing ONLINE conference. I was able to attend their amazing conference while home!
The conference was held from May 17 – May 19, 2013 and featured a variety of topics with some amazing speakers. While online we were able to connect and talk with other bloggers, listen to the amazing speakers, ask questions, enter giveaways and most importantly learn some amazing information. The topics of this conference were
Blogging Basics: Niche, Focus, Planning, Vlogging, SEO & Content
- Blogging as a Business: Branding yourself, Consistency of image and tone, Importance of Disclosure, Bookkeeping basics, taxes, Copyright, How to avoid getting sued
- Preparing for Ads and Pitching Sponsors: Why your blog may be passed over by advertisers, What bloggers should expect from brands, What metrics bloggers should focus on, Don’t buy traffic, Pay attention to your social media involvement and community, You are an Influencer – act like one genuinely
- Media Relationships: Understanding brands, restrictions and compliance, Working with a PR agent, Creating a 15 second elevator pitch, Making a media kit
- Advertising vs. Affiliate Marketing: How to attract advertisers, Diversifying your ad options, Diversify your affiliate options and picking programs that fit your niche
- Monetizing your blog: Connect with other Influencers, Balanced blogging (organic posts vs. sponsored), Working with brands
And each topic was covered in detail. In addition to the amazing speakers and power points we also received a great and useful blogger workbook that was packed with questions for use to answer to get us engaged in the topics and make us really think about them. We had some very knowledgeable speakers as well, I was very impressed by the selection The Blog Workshop made:
Laura Summers (@NakedBloggers)
Deborah Anderson (@SocialWebCafe)
Dan Morris (@DanRMorris)
Lindsay Lee (@BlackBlondeOne)
Kelly Whalen (@CentsibleLife)
Jeneba J. Ghatt (@JenebaSpeaks)
Robert Mooney (@DjMooney)
Ryan Schram (@RyanSchram)
Holly Hamann (@HollyHamann)
Deborah Anderson (@SocialWebCafe)
Dee Dee Cocheta (@DeeDeeCocheta)
Paige Wilcox (@PaigeWilcox)
Rohit Vashisht (@_TechCEO)
Crystal Duncan (@CrystalDuncan)
Jennifer Beaupre (@JenBeaupre)
Most of the speakers were from one of the sponsoring companies, they were all directly linked to the amazing world of blogging and could give us personal stories and information so that we could really understand the sometimes complex topics. I learned so much AMAZING information and I still find myself re-reading some of the information and I plan on re-watching one of the sessions to really make sure I have a handle of the information discussed in that session.
This was an amazing conference that they do plan on having again next year. I would strongly encourage any blogger or even someone really thinking about blogging to check it out. They had some amazing tips, offered some amazing resources and you really have the ability to connect with some amazing people! Overall I was very pleased with the conference and hope I have an opportunity to attend again.
Plus I want to thank them and the amazing sponsors of The Blog Workshop Conference.
I was lucky enough to win the GRAND Prize and have some amazing prizes that I hope to utilize to offer a more awesome blog for you guys to follow!
Thank you amazing sponsors!