Christmas season is a wonderful time that is celebrated at the end of every year with family and friends. However, this great festival proves to be very expensive and many a times includes massive credit card bills that take a long time to clear. With a proper plan, it is possible to make Christmas a fabulous time and make everyone feel special without worrying about the huge expenses. There are various creative ways to save money at Christmas. Here are some tips that can help –
- Make use of vouchers: You may find success while searching for some gift vouchers online. In addition to that, there are a number of online retailers featuring special promotions and deals that could be a money-savers delight.
- Make a shopping list in advance: Last minute shopping that solely depends on your impulse could prove to be one costly affair. Thus, it is recommended to make a shopping list beforehand and stick to it. This helps in buying only the items necessary during the festival.
- Set a limit on the cost of presents: You don’t need to go over the top while selecting presents for your family and friends. Setup a limit on the budget of the presents to be given to each person in your list. Maybe your family has a tradition of giving particular kind of gifts to the near and dear ones. You could suggest some changes in these aspects as well.
- Shop early: Planning and shopping early increases the chances of finding the desired items at reasonable prices as the prices are quite low during the off-season.
- Shop Online for more discounts: For those people who prefer shopping online, there are several outlets and clearance stores, offering branded products at discounted prices exclusive to online shoppers. The stock from the previous season is usually sold at discounted prices during Christmas. In addition to that, there are sites such as CouponsHQ which has the latest coupons and offers which can be used to get further discount on the already discounted prices.
- Personalized gifts for the many: While buying gifts, it’s better to buy those that could be personalized and carry a discount when ordered in bulk.
- Try making homemade gifts: Browse internet for getting exceptional ideas for homemade Christmas gifts. Moreover, for preparing these gift items you are not required to be especially gifted with arts and crafts skills. Just make use of some items or decorative materials present in your home and prepare the gifts.
- Avoid unnecessary Christmas wrappers: Instead of buying expensive gift wrappers, there are numerous other creative ideas that could save a lot of bucks being spent. Make use of newspapers, grocery paper bags, decorative papers, old Christmas cards as gift tags, to name a few.
- Send e-cards instead of Christmas cards: You could now save a huge amount by sending e-cards to your loved ones instead of buying expensive Christmas cards. These days, the various social media channels, namely Facebook and Twitter, makes it easy to send wishes in a snap.
Following these tips will make your Christmas celebrations more memorable and help you in cutting down a lot of unnecessary expenses. Have a blessed and sacred Christmas season.
Jasmine Brown is a blogger and blogs for CouponsHQ which is a website offering the latest coupons and offers on various brands from Australia and the world. In the above post she is recommends some of her interesting tips on how to save money during this Christmas season.