Cream Cheese Banana Nut Muffins
Recipe yields about 24 muffins
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease pan (add flour if desired).
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, blended after each addition, until combined.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder to butter mixture, mix until well blended.
- Stir in bananas, walnuts, pecans, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake/muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan. Cool muffins in pan for about 10 minutes, or until cook enough to remove from pan.
Adapted from Southern Living magazine