Looking for a last minute gift for that someone special in your life? How about a present that is sure to bring a smile to their face without putting a hole in your wallet? This easy, DIY body scrub is perfect for anyone – mom, dad, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend best friend or best yet, for you! No one ever said you couldn’t pamper yourself a little this Valentines Day!
½ cup Sweet Almond Oil
½ cup Dead Sea Salt
½ cup Brown Sugar
Vanilla Essential Oil – Optional
• Medium Size Mixing Bowl
• Spoon for mixing
• Mason Jar (or other storage container)
• Ribbon- Optional
• Mix salt and brown sugar in your medium size mixing bowl.
• Slowly add sweet almond oil until your mixture has reached the desired consistency, it shouldn’t be soupy and it shouldn’t be too dry either.
• If desired, add a few drops of essential oil to give your scrub that extra sweet aroma!
• Scoop the final product into your Mason Jar, tightly closing the lid to ensure it is air tight.
• Tie a pretty bow or ribbon around the jar!
Ta-Da! You have the perfect gift for that someone special in your life without spending a fortune. Not only is this gift economical, its practical as well. The sea salt will work to exfoliate, while the brown sugar and oil will help moisturize and nourish skin. This thoughtful, homemade gift is sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face.
The recipe is so easy to make, you could even double, or triple the ingredients to make a larger batch, or multiple batches. One for you, one for that special someone! Happy Valentines Day!
Michelle Pino has shared this recipe just in time for Valentines Day. Michelle works, learns and helps innovate at Skana, a spa in upstate, NY. Not only does Michelle love sharing easy, DIY tips with others, she also enjoys baking, crafting and reading a good book!